December 28, 2020
Dear Residents and Families,
The purpose of this letter is to communicate updates regarding our covid-19 reporting and the actions we continue to take to combat and protect our community.
Since I last reported updates on December 17, we have experienced multiple presumptive and confirmed positive Covid cases for both our residents and our staff.
For residents, since last reported, we have confirmed through PCR testing 21 residents with positive Covid.
For staff, since last reported, we have confirmed through PCR testing 7 staff with positive Covid.
Today, 12/28, we have 4 residents with presumptive positive results. We have obtained a second swab on these three residents utilizing our PCR testing and we will await these results.
All families involving the presumptive and confirmed positive test results have been notified.
As a result of these findings, we will continue with transmission-based precautions and suspended visitation for all residents residing on B2, C2, and D2 units.
York county’s positivity rate is still at a staggering 18.9% as is Adams County at 26.2% This means we will continue to test staff twice weekly and residents once per week.
Since the start of this pandemic and as of 12/28/2020:
· We have 21 active positive covid-19 residents in-house, currently. This is an increase of 13 since last reported. All families associated with these residents have been notified.
· We have 4 presumptive positive residents awaiting PCR results.
· We have had 11 residents expire who also had tested positive for Covid. This is an increase of 0 since last reported.
· We have had a total of 62 confirmed positive residents since the start of this pandemic.
· We have had 27 positive employees since the start of this pandemic. This is an increase of 7 since last reported.
We have and will continue to test our residents, who show any signs/symptoms. We believe this is in the best interest of our community. We are still very vigilant in our focus to protect and achieve the mitigation that we have achieved previously.
We appreciate your continued prayers and trust in the care and services we provide and for your understanding and support of any necessary adjustments as this situation evolves.
Please feel free to contact me at 717-633-4520 with any questions or concerns.
May God bless us all.
Daniel Pyle, LNHA
Administrator, Hanover Hall