December 30, 2020
Dear Residents and Families,
The purpose of this letter is to communicate updates regarding our covid-19 reporting and the actions we continue to take to combat and protect our community.
Since I last reported updates on December 28, we have experienced multiple presumptive Covid cases for both our residents and our staff.
For residents, since last reported, we have confirmed through rapid testing 11 residents with presumptive positive Covid.
For staff, since last reported, we have confirmed through rapid testing 3 staff with presumptive positive Covid.
All staff and residents with presumptive positive results were swabbed a second time using our PCR test and these results are pending confirmation.
All families involving the presumptive positive test results have been notified.
As a result of these findings, we will continue with transmission-based precautions and suspended visitation for all residents residing on B2, C2, and D2 units.
York county’s positivity rate is still at a staggering 18.9% as is Adams County at 26.2% This means we will continue to test staff twice weekly and residents once per week.
Since the start of this pandemic and as of 12/30/2020:
· We have 21 active confirmed positive covid-19 residents in-house, currently. This is an increase of 0 since last reported. All families associated with these residents have been notified.
· We have 15 presumptive positive residents awaiting PCR results. This is an increase of 11 since last reported and families have been notified.
· We have had 12 residents expire, since the start of this pandemic, who also had tested positive for Covid. This is an increase of 1 since last reported.
· We have had a total of 62 confirmed positive residents since the start of this pandemic.
· We have had 27 confirmed positive employees since the start of this pandemic. This is an increase of 0 since last reported.
We have and will continue to test our residents, who show any signs/symptoms. We believe this is in the best interest of our community. We are still very vigilant in our focus to protect and achieve the mitigation that we have achieved previously.
Regarding the Pfizer Covid vaccination, we have received our vaccination dates from Walgreens’ Pharmacy. Our scheduled dates for vaccination are January 20th, February 10th, and March 3rd.
Walgreens’ will be sending 6 pharmacists to administer the vaccination to our residents and staff.
All visitation will be closed on these three dates in order to utilize our common areas for vaccination distribution.
We appreciate your continued prayers and trust in the care and services we provide and for your understanding and support of any necessary adjustments as this situation evolves.
Please feel free to contact me at 717-633-4520 with any questions or concerns.
May God bless us all.
Daniel Pyle, LNHA
Administrator, Hanover Hall