October 28, 2020
Dear Residents and Families,
The purpose of this letter is to communicate updates regarding our covid-19 reporting and the actions we continue to take to combat and protect our community.
Today we were notified by our contracted lab that one of our dietary staff tested positive for Covid-19.
This employee has not been in the facility since 10/15 due to illness. This employee was seen by his PCP, on 10/23, and was released to return to work. The employee was tested for Covid by the facility on Monday, 10/26, as a condition to be cleared prior to a return to work. This employee will remain off duty for an additional 14 days.
Unfortunately, due to this new positive Covid, we must stay closed to visitation until we have 14 consecutive days without a new on-set of Covid.
Last week’s test results showed all residents and staff negative for Covid.
We currently have no residents with any signs/symptoms of Covid within the facility.
Once we achieve no new onset of Covid for 14 consecutive days, we will open again to visitation.
As of 10/28, since the start of this pandemic:
- We have had a total of 30 residents test positive with Covid-19. This is an increase of 0 since our last update.
- We have 11 employees who had tested positive since this pandemic started. This is an increase of 1 since our last update. This employee is home in self-quarantine.
Of the 30 residents:
- 20 Residents recovered. This is an increase of 0 since our last update.
- 0 Residents currently in-house with positive Covid results. Our last Covid positive resident was taken off precautions on 7/8/2020.
- 10 Residents expired and who had tested positive for Covid. This is an increase of 0 since our last update.
We have and will continue to test our residents, who show any signs/symptoms. We believe this is in the best interest of our community. We are still very vigilant in our focus to protect and achieve the mitigation that we have achieved previously.
We appreciate your continued prayers and trust in the care and services we provide and for your understanding and support of any necessary adjustments as this situation evolves.
Please feel free to contact me at 717-633-4520 with any questions or concerns.
May God bless us all.
Administrator, Hanover Hall